The floorplans were modified in 2008, and the interior was transformed to feature the post and beam structure of this wonderful home. The entire house is pine, inside and out. The first floor is a large open room combining the kitchen, dining and living areas. The fully equipped galley kitchen has a large island with five stools for eating meals.
A beautiful split face stone fireplace with raised hearth, reclaimed pine floors, leather furniture, game table, and warm lighting, all contribute to the rustic warmth of Timber Lodge, which can be enjoyed through all the seasons. This is an ideal home to nestle in, for snowy winter stays. There is also a full bathroom with shower on the first floor.
The carpeted second floor has a small open den, the second bathroom with shower, and a skylit sleeping loft reached by a steep ladder/stair with twin mattresses that can be pushed together to make a second king sleeping area. A pair of double glass doors lead to the large master bedroom with king bed, vaulted ceiling, and a beautiful view of the grounds and Lake Michigan beyond.
Linens and towels are provided. Coffee maker and starter supplies of paper products are on hand. A grill is on the deck for cookouts. For summer stays, you will need to bring beach supplies. This home accommodates 8 adults. Timber Lodge is a beautiful, comfortable home.
- Beautiful hand hewn home, made of post and beam construction
- View of Lake Michigan, tall trees and beautiful landscaping
- Large open plan first floor, great for entertaining family and friends
- Beautiful split face stone fireplace and raised hearth
- Two full bathrooms (showers)
- Snug sleeping loft with twin mattresses that can be pushed together as a king
- Cozy den on second floor
- Spacious master bedroom with king bed, and vaulted wood beam ceiling
- Fully equipped kitchen with island seating for 5 or 6 people
- Wireless internet access
- Large wood deck with table and chairs
- Parking for two cars